Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Relative Ability Pottery


Last fall, I has a question for myself: Is there a time when I more productive than others? As a teacher, sometimes I find it hard to teach AND create art. I find that I often put all of my energy into teaching and leave very little for my own production. Do any of you artists out there that have other jobs feel the same way?

So I decided to set up an experiment called Relative Ability Pottery. I started a new blog just for the experiment. Here is the description:

As an artist, I often wonder about my audience. How will my audience perceive my art? I recently started throwing pottery on the wheel. With this new media, I wonder how my audience experiences my pottery. I am conducting an experiment called Relative Ability Pottery. I create within certain parameters and rate my work. I will then ask for a public opinion through a performance.

Please feel free to check out this project at Relative Ability Pottery


No comments: