Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome!





Well I have had this blog for a while now but have not posted on it until now.  I am an artist and an educator.  Most often I work 3-dimensionally.  My passion is ceramics.  I love clay.  It's messy and unpredictable. I will work for hours and hours on one project.  It is so satisfying to open the kiln (the machine we use to fire clay) up, not knowing if the piece survived the firing, and seeing a successful piece.  I make sculptures as well as pottery and have done a little bit of both over the past year.

I also mentioned that I am an educator.  I'm working on my Masters in Art Education and am currently teaching at the Episcopal School of Knoxville.  I just finished up my second year there and will start my third in August.  I love it.  I love teaching.  I was fortunate to have a great art education growing.  My mother is an art teacher and artist.  Both of my parents supported any type of art I wanted to explore.  I want to foster such positive experiences with the arts in other young people.

Here's some of my art.  I'll try to post more of my past work with every blog.

In order:

Stumps, cone 10
Containment, cone 5, jars
A. artemisifolia, cone 5
Cynomorium, cone 05

Oh, and a special thanks to Carl who makes my art look better than it is through his wonderful photography skills.


No comments: