Sunday, October 25, 2009

Changing things up: PRINTMAKING


So last Spring I took a printmaking course with Koichi Yamamoto at the University of Tennessee. Previous to the class, I had very little experience with printmaking. A good friend of mine, Maria, is a printmaker and she inspired me to try out the medium. Like ceramics, it is very process-oriented and there is always an element of surprise in the end.

I had so much fun during the course, that I asked Koichi if I could be his assistant at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts at the beginning of August for a workshop. He consented and we worked together with about 8 students furiously all week learning intaglio and relief processes. It was a wonderful experience.

Here are a few of my prints

Intaglio Spores on gampi paper chine cole on BFK, 2009
Redbud Monoprint and Intaglio, 2009
Redbud Etching on gampi paper chine cole on BFK, 2009
Pieces, Etching, 2009
Honeycomb in Deterioration, collagraph, 2009
Drypoint VI, 2009
Hexagon Monoprint, 2009
Hexagon Monoprints, 2009



1 comment:

Maria said...

oh man! I am so glad you posted all the pics of your prints. we need to do some more trades by mail. and looking at all of your spores reminds me of how much we need to collaborate someday on a big spore-y installation.